Most of you will remember the T-List that I’ve started back in March of 2007. It never stopped growing since then. Jens Thraenhart wrote a summary of the *history* of the T-List to introduce the next project inspired by the T-List which is the book Tips from the T-List. Here is the story : Ground-breaking new book in online travel and tourism….
The book will be distributed at the first ever Canadian e-Tourism Strategy Conference, Canada-e-Connect. This is a collective work so you are more than welcome if you want to submit an article. Here is how to it :
Deadline for submission is September 30, 2007
1. Complete and fax back the following consent form to +1 604 648 9651 or email it to email@example.com.
2. Send us three of your best posts. The editors will select one of these posts to appear in the book. The posts should be your own work and should be things like tips, observations, or helpful hints. Please do not send news items or trend oriented posts because these will become outdated very quickly. Concentrate on original thoughts, tips, best practices, etc. Please limit the piece to 300-500 words max.
3. Send us a good quality headshot (if you want it included).
4. Send us a good quality screenshot of your blog or website.
5. Send us a very brief bio of yourself, and the description of your blog
6. Send us your full name, address, phone and email so we can send you a copy of the book.
Stephen Joyce (who had the idea of the book)
Jens Thraenhart, Canadian Tourism Commission
Mathieu Ouellet, Radar Internet Strategy - Tourism & Travel
Update : You can find more info at http://www.tipsfromthetlist.com/
For my French readers and friends, Radar, StratÃ©gie Web - Tourisme & Voyage is my new French blog about web strategy for Tourism & Travel.
Okay Travel/Tourism bloggers, it’s time to get known. I have to say that I hate this kind of game but since it could be helpful for everyone, why not? The goal is simple, I want my favorite blogs (Guillaume, Chris, Darren, Claude, etc.) to be discovered by a maximum of people from the tourism and travel industry.
T-List stands for Tourism/Travel list. This concept have been used in the past with the Z-List. This time, it’s up to travel and tourism bloggers to be discovered. ; )
- Write a post.
- Copy/paste the link list from the post you’ve discovered the T-List into it.
- Make sure the links are active and correct.
- If your blog is on the list, remove it’s not a self-promotion post. As Tim Fehlman (Z-List) said : “Don’t worry, because if your name is on mine, it’s on others and will spread.”
- Add your favorite tourism and travel blogs on it.
- Add the url of the blog where you’ve discovered the T-List as well.
- Publish the post.
- People will notice the T-List and continue it.
Here is the list
Chrispitality Media Blog
A Luxury Travel Blog
My Travel Backpack
The Travel PR Blog
mytravelbackpack.com is a new blog I’ve started a couple of weeks ago. I post pictures of people and their backpack somewhere cool on the planet. Not that complicated isn’t it?
I’m a backpack travel lover, this site is kind of a continuous backpack trip for me. ; )
With Europe From a Backpack, we’ve launched mytravelbackpack.com Photo Contest (ends March 20th). The “grand prize” is 3 books from Europe From a Backpack. Tell the backpackers you know! ; )
Enter mytravelbackpack.com Photo Contest
Feel free to talk about it! ; )
As many of you know (or noticed), I’m a French blogger located in Quebec city. I’ve start blogging in English because I knew it would be easier to start in English and translate my articles after than the opposite.
In a couple of weeks, Radar will be translated in French. We’ll be able to reach more French people and companies this way. I hope you’ll like it!
Just a little post to show you our brand new logo.
For many years, I’ve been working in the Internet industry. During these years, I’ve also had the chance to travel a couple of times. One of my source of info (for hotels, plane tickets, tours, etc.) was the Internet and each time I saw a lot of business opportunities from little tricks to improve traffic on website to deep changes in tourism related companies websites to reach a totally new kind of clients.
I don’t really know what will be written on this site, but here I am.